Hi, I’m Kitty Price. I’ve been writing nearly all my life and I’m darn good at it! Sorry for that blatant piece of self-promotion, but if I don’t think I’m good, why would you?
However, I don’t expect you to simply take me at my word. In order to consider hiring me, you want proof that I can deliver on my claim. Good for you! You are, after all, reading this online, and we all know that just because something is on the Web doesn’t mean it’s true, or even reasonably approaches the truth. So let me tell you my background. (All links open in a new window.)
Freelance Writer - 2014-present
Latest Published Articles -- Online:
What Is the Convention Against Torture?
What Is a Chapter 12 Bankruptcy?
How Tough Are Florida's DUI License Suspension Laws?
What Should You Do Immediately After a Car Accident?
Understanding Texas Child Support Law
Traumatic Brain Injuries in the Construction Industry
Why You Need an Attorney in a High-asset Divorce
Common Types of Embezzlement
Terry Stops and Drug Charges
When Can You Contest a Will?
Features of a Top Legal Intake Answering Service
How to Increase Productivity in Your Law Firm
What You Need to Know about Indiana's Child Custody Laws
Excluded Employees under California's New Workers' Compensation Law
How Dangerous is it to Walk or Cycle in New York?
Occupational Heat Exposure and Keeping the Workplace Safe
How to Know When to Change Your Company's Structure
How to Start an LLC
Are Business Partnerships a Good Option?
What Happens After You File for Bankruptcy?
Best Dog Breeds for People Who Work All Day
Camping and Other Fall Travel with Your Dog
Traveling in Russia – the World's Largest Country
5 Best and Worst Weather NFL Cities and How They Can Benefit from Weather Tracking Systems
4th of July Not So Trivial Pursuit
Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Car Clean During the Summer
Tips for Camping in Your Car
Top 3 Ways to Remain Optimistic Through the Divorce Process
Average Cost of Divorce Through Litigation Compared to Mediation
What Texas Moms Need to Know about Auto Insurance
Top 5 Places to Propose in Phoenix, Arizona
Choosing the Right Home Security System
Should You Lease Your Next Car
Published Articles -- Print (under my married name Kitty Hanson):
- Hanson, Kitty (2015, October). The Washington Company: Decorated Glassware’s Best Kept Secret. All About Glass, Vol. XIII No. 3, pp. 4-10.
- Hanson, Kitty (2015, July). Collecting Kentucky Derby Glasses. All About Glass, Vol. XIII No. 2, pp. 12-16.
- Hanson, Kitty (2015, January). Corning Ware: The Oops that Changed the World. All About Glass, Vol. XII No. 4, pp. 18-21.
- Hanson, Kitty (2014, July). Discovering Federal’s Mid-Century Decorated Glassware. All About Glass, Vol. XII No. 2, pp. 18-22.
- Hanson, Kitty (2014, January). A Beginner’s Guide to Gay Fad. All About Glass, Vol. XI No. 4, pp. 8-14.
Web Content - 2000-present
Product Descriptions: click here for more examples than you ever wanted to see!
- Ettore “Ted” DeGrazia - click here
- The Maker’s Mark Story - click here
- The Corning Ware Story - click here
- The Old West Story - click here
- The Griswold Story - click here
- The View-Master Story - click here
Desktop Publishing - 1997-present
McGrady, Donna and Hanson, Kitty. Gay Fad: Fran Taylor’s Extraordinary Legacy, Volumes 1 and 2. Kansas City, Santa Fe Trading Post, 2011. Print.
For description and sample pages click here
For book review click here
- The Kentucky Derby Story - currently in production.
- Gay Fad Collectors Edition - currently in production.
- Allen, Roberta. Remembering With Robbie, Kansas City, Pi Squared, 1997. Limited Print.
- Allen, Roberta. A Walk Through Time: Remembering the Ursuline Sisters of Paola, Kansas, Kansas City, Pi Squared, 1999. Limited Print.
- Trade Show Exhibits
- Business Cards
St. Luke’s Hospital, Kansas City, MO - 1994-2006
- various departments to organize and produce annual reports, Baldrige National Quality Program applications and self assessments, and Missouri Quality Award applications.
- various physicians to produce medical journal articles in compliance with journal guidelines.
- various physicians and residents to produce conference presentations and slide shows.
- various graduate students to produce studies and theses.
Legal Writing and Research
Hanson and Price, Attorneys at Law, Kansas City, MO - 1979-2016
Engaged in extensive legal research, writing, editing, proofreading, and production of pleadings, briefs, contracts, proposals, and trial exhibits.
University of Missouri-Kansas City - BA - History and Political Science
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law - JD
So, to paraphrase a long-running commercial, I know a thing or two because I’ve done a thing or two! What can I do for you? Contact me today and tell me about your writing project. I’ll collaborate with you to make sure you get what you need when you need it!
Click on the pdf icon to download and print my hardcopy resume.